Welcome to the world of Snapchat! Snap chatters who like using the Snapchat app on a daily basis and upload pictures in a huge number can now create
their account is public with a few clicks here and there.
You will find enough helpful perks in a Snapchat public profile. Do you want to get a public profile on Snapchat?
Use all the features and reach many more users on Snapchat. Follow this article step by step on how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
- 1 What Is A Snapchat Public Profile?
- 2 Eligibility For A Snapchat Public Profile
- 3 How To Create A Public Profile On An Updated Version Of Snapchat?
- 3.1 Step 1: Public Interaction Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- 3.2 Step 2: Set Up A Public Profile Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- 3.3 Step 3: Features Of Public Profile Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- 3.4 Step 4: Edit Public Profile Of How To Make A public Profile On Snapchat
- 4 FAQs Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- 5 Conclusion
What Is A Snapchat Public Profile?
A Snapchat public profile means getting discovered by fans and reaching out to other snap chatters by parading your creativity and talent. To make you known public profiles have access to an innovative set of features that makes you showcase highlights and lenses.
It showcases you to separate subscribers from your friends. These profiles already existed on Snapchat but were restricted to content creators and celebrities. Readers must learn how to make a public profile on Snapchat by starting with what is Snapchat Public Profile.
Eligibility For A Snapchat Public Profile
Previously it was smooth to create a basic line public profile on Snapchat for people who used it regularly with an account that was a few months old. But now the rules have changed, you can only create a public profile if you have 5000 subscribers.
Once you have the number you can apply for Snapchat’s public profile program by taking the help of Google form accessible on their site. The second subheading focuses on the eligibility of the users to create a Public Profile on Snapchat of how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
How To Create A Public Profile On An Updated Version Of Snapchat?
After introducing a public profile in Snapchat, it got released into many different regions, therefore it took some time for the snap chatters to bring the ultimate results.
The basic route to create a line 1 Snapchat public profile is by going through public first, with the profile you already have. Here are the steps of completing the process.
Step 1: Public Interaction Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- Open Snapchat, click on your profile icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- There will be new screen profile details, where you have to click the Gear icon, located at the top right corner.
- Go through the options and click on the ‘who can’ tab and start changing all the settings like:
In ‘contact me’ choose ‘everyone’
In ‘send me notifications’ choose everyone
In ‘view my story’ choose ‘everyone’
In ‘see my location’ choose ‘my friends’
In ‘use my cameos selfie’ choose ‘everyone’
In ‘see me in quick add’ choose ‘turned on
- After you are done with all the changes, close Snapchat and open it again.
- Now, your profile is officially a public profile. Your friends and fans will see you and will be able to reach you.
Step 2: Set Up A Public Profile Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
- Open Snapchat and hit your profile icon.
- With the present version, you will see an option ‘ad to snap map’ which is under ‘stories’ or you can look for ‘spotlight and snap map’.
- You will spot a 3 dot icon, click that. Then tap on the ‘create public profile’
- Snapchat will now introduce you to all the recent features.
- Tap on continue, go to the bottom of the screen. Continue the next step.
- Next you click on ‘get started’ which will be at the bottom of the screen.
- It will show you a disclaimer about creating a public profile, for the last time. Hit ‘create’ and continue with the next step.
- A ‘settings’ page will appear with a new tab ‘public profile’ after clicking it you will see ‘my public profile’ tap on it.
- click the ‘edit profile’ to edit all your details.
- At last! You have officially created a public profile on Snapchat.
Step 3: Features Of Public Profile Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
I know you all are way too excited for this step, as it has new features you can access with a public profile. The following are the features with an opt-in public profile:
- To your public profile, you should add a photo, biography (bio), description, location, highlights, and lenses.
- Snap chatters can easily reach and subscribe to your public profile.
- It will show the number of subscribers you have
- You will get exposure to content, which is linked to Snap Map and Public stories.
- Everybody will recognize you, as your name will be shown on Snaps posted publicly.
Step 4: Edit Public Profile Of How To Make A public Profile On Snapchat
To change your details on a public profile like, bio, photo, etc. as well as the other snap chatters see it, you should definitely go for the ‘edit’ option.
For editing the Public Profile, you need to follow these steps correctly.
- Click your ‘story’ icon and go to ‘my profile’
- Choose the ‘ profile management’ option and hit the public profile card.
- There you go, tap on the ‘edit’ option, and start making changes.
FAQs Of How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
How To Create My Snapchat Profile?
Follow the steps properly:
- Open your profile
- Tap beside ‘ Spotlight and Snap Map’
- Click on ‘create public profile’
- Now, follow all the instructions given on the screen to create your public profile.
Can Everyone Create A Public Profile?
No, not everyone, users aged 18 or above can opt for a Snapchat public profile. Later on, they can interact with wider audiences and share a bit more information about themselves (publicly).
Not restricted to friends who are already following you.
How Many Followers Do You Need To Get A Subscription On Snapchat?
You need at least 100 subscribers. The age of your profile must be one week old and have one friend who is also friends with you (bi-directional).
There you go with how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
Snapchat is very common among youth, especially for its doggy face filter. But now Snapchat has come up with many other opportunities, using which people will get known, people can boost their business, etc.
Making a Public Profile on Snapchat is a big deal for people who are interested in flaunting their talents and creativity to the world. In this article, we have focused on the ways one can create a public profile as well as the features they can use.
Eligibility criteria are mentioned in this article, and some FAQs are added to end the article with the hope of being helpful.
Leave a comment down below.