There are so many benefits when you mention others on your Instagram stories or posts, because it builds a community and therefore it will increase the reach of your post.
Whenever you mention someone in your story it notifies them , and therefore if they want they can too share your post on their stories by tagging you.
If you have joined Instagram recently, you need to know how this feature works. We have therefore built a guide step by step on how you can mention someone on your instagram story and post.
In this article we will be talking about how to tag someone on instagram story, in the right way without any mistakes.
How To Tag Someone On Instagram Story?
- Open your Instagram app.
- Log in.
- Click on the + icon, which is at the top right corner of the screen.
- There will be a drop down form where you can select post, story, reel and live.
- Select story.
- Now choose a picture from your phone’s gallery. You will see a box which is at the bottom left corner of the story screen.
- After selecting the story, you swipe up and see the ‘mention’ option.
- You can also just start typing the name of the person you want to tag, but before there name add @.
- Now you have successfully mentioned someone you wanted to.
- Now tap done and send your story.
Most of the social media platforms have their limits on characters , hashtags and the number of profiles you can mention. Similarly instagram allows you to do that with 10 people, instagram has raided the bar compared to other platforms in this case.
If you see that you are unable to mention someone in your story, the possible reason is that they have changed their privacy settings because they might have decided to not let anyone tag them. There you go with how to tag someone on Instagram story, but the article is not done yet.
You should check: How To See Who Saved Your Instagram Post? The Ultimate Hack List?
How To Tag Someone After Posting On Instagram?
There are several ways on how you can tag someone after posting something. It can happen you might forget to tag them, you can definitely fix that and fit your favourite person in that story of yours.
In The Story
By posting something on your instagram story, you share a photo or a video with your followers. In most of the cases these stories are just short glimpses into your everyday life.
Instagram stories expire after 24 hours, but if you want to keep the stories permanently on your profile, you can create highlights on your profile page.
You can do that by adding your story to your highlight. The option of highlight will be there after posting the story and reopening your story again. At the right bottom of the screen you will see ‘highlights’.
If you have already posted a story and forgot to simply mention someone, let me tell you you cannot edit it, what you can do is delete it and repost it again, this time by mentioning the person you want.
Unfortunately there is no way you can mention someone by editing the story once it gets posted.
Instagram hashtags is a great tool for getting recognised, it builds a brand, boosts the number up of your followers, reaches out to a certain group and so on.
Do you know how they work?
After using a hashtag they automatically appear on the corresponding hashtag pages.
It makes it easier to reach your audience and vice versa.
You can use upto 30 hashtags in a post of yours. When you upload You are allowed to use hashtags in the caption or in the comments. Instagram is going to recognise them in the same way so you can choose the way of adding the hashtags.
Now if you want to add a hashtag in the comment section after you post, you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Go to your post.
- Tap the comment icon.
- Not have the hashtag icon and then start typing.
- The moment you start typing you will see some suggested hashtags and the number of posts with that particular hashtag.
- Once you are done giving the # click ‘post’.
- It’s done you have successfully added hashtags.
If you think of adding additional hashtags in the common sections, You can simply do it by adding another comment, posted commons can be edited.
Remember that some of the hashtags are banned by Instagram so if you try to use them your page will likely get blocked by Instagram itself. I suggest you use the hashtags that are suggested by Instagram. There you go with how to tag someone on Instagram posts using hashtags.
Tagging In The Comments
If you want to add someone to your post then you can do that by simply taking them in the comments which is below your post. To do this follow the simple steps:
- Go to your post.
- Go to the comment section.
- If you want to type a message along with the tag you can do that but that’s optional.
- Type @ and start typing the person’s name or the username.
- As soon as you find a person click on the username.
- If you want to mention multiple people you have to repeat the same process.
- Once you are done with all that, click post.
Tagging someone in the comments and tagging someone in the actual photo is not the same. When You are tagging someone in the comments it’s not tagging them, it’s actually mentioning them.
The person you have mentioned will get a notification by saying that they have been mentioned in a post which will allow them to view it but the post will not appear on the person’s profile.
You should check: 5 Tips to Speed Up Your Organic Instagram Growth.
Tagging In A Photo
Suppose you have posted a photo but you have forgotten to tag someone in that photo, don’t worry there is a way you can tag them after you have posted a photo. To do that follow the steps:
- Go to your post.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the post.
- Tap edit.
- Now tap the ‘tag people’ option at the bottom right corner of the post.
- Select an area on the photo where you will tag someone.
- Start typing their name or username.
- Are you done? tap the blue check mark sign.
See how easy it is to tag a person in your photo with just a few clicks after you have already posted it.
Wrapping It All Up
There you go with how to tag someone on Instagram post. We have not only mentioned how to do that but also mention the ways of tagging and using hashtags in your story or post.
Leave a comment in the comment section and let us know how useful this article is to you.