According to Statista, as of 2021, there are about 1.88 billion websites on the Internet. Although only about 18% of those are active, website owners are still battling stiff competition.
With these facts in mind, companies that aren’t investing in their digital presence are at risk of missing out and losing the digital race.
By now, you probably know driving traffic to your website is crucial for business success. The number of website visitors affects your company’s chances of making a solid first impression, gaining quality leads, raising brand awareness, and developing valuable partnerships.
Optimizing your online presence to improve website metrics may seem overwhelming at first glance, but it is doable. We’ve put together a list of different techniques you can use to increase your traffic in 2022 successfully.
Let’s dive right in!
Top 6 Ways To Increase Your Traffic In 2022
1. Focus on Link-Building
Link building for SEO remains one of the best ways to boost website traffic. But what is it, exactly?
Link-building is the practice of obtaining hyperlinks (also known as “backlinks” or “inbound links“) from other websites to your website. With an overwhelming amount of websites on the web, Google’s algorithm has to ensure only the most relevant ones appear on the first pages of their search engine.
Obtaining backlinks is one of the best ways of assuring the site’s relevance and authority, gaining consumer trust, and sending a flood of targeted traffic your way.
The good news is there is no shortage of businesses trying to increase their website traffic, so don’t miss out on any link-building opportunities. Contact relevant websites in your niche and offer your content to them. You can also provide reciprocal backlink exchange and include one of their links in your blog posts as well.
2. Create High-Quality Content
Quality content lies at the heart of your website’s success. Any other strategy falls short if the overall quality of content is lacking. Also, keep in mind that valuable content and link-building go hand in hand.
The more insight and information your content provides, the more likely it is to get linked by other people without any additional effort from your side. You can follow these simple yet effective steps when starting out with content creation:
- Identify your buyer persona: Do market research to find out more about your target customers. Understand their pain points and prioritize empathy for their needs.
- Implement best SEO strategies: Do thorough keyword research so you know what your audience is searching for. There are many helpful tools for SEO research and analytics, such as SEMRush, Ahrefs, Moz, and others. Find the ones that fit your needs and utilize their power to boost your numbers.
- Develop a content strategy: The strategized approach is your best chance at providing valuable content. Find out what your competitors are posting, pinpoint where they’re lacking, create a content calendar, and execute it – better.
- Provide readers with your experience and data: Your unique point of view will make you stand out. In addition, share your research with your audience. Readers appreciate it when you back up your claims and conclusions with concrete evidence. Combining your perspective and data helps you create a narrative around your brand, which sticks with audiences and gives you an advantage over competitors.
3. Engage Your Audience Across Different Platforms
Your potential customers are scattered all around the web. That means you must get out there and create high-quality content tailored for different platforms. Depending on your product or service, figure out the best platform to reach your target audience.
For example, if you made software that helps businesses achieve specific goals, focus on creating posts for LinkedIn, as it’s the leading platform for business professionals. If you created a customer-focused product, focus on Instagram and visually-centered content.
Additionally, audio and video content has been growing increasingly popular in the last few years. Learn more about Youtube and podcasting and invest in high-quality products to raise your brand’s awareness and, ultimately, traffic.
4. Utilize Email Marketing
Email is an excellent and inexpensive way to communicate directly with your audience. It is a potent outreach tool that helps you target, educate, and direct visitors to particular web pages on your site. Here are some tips to help you craft a successful email campaign:
Make sure you have a good email list: You must target the right audience for your email campaign to achieve the best results. Do this by adding a signup form to your website. Ask your website visitors to subscribe to your email list and offer them valuable free resources, such as e-books or newsletters, in exchange.
Personalize your emails: No need to get overly formal or too sales-y. You are reaching out to your audience because you care about them and want the offer them valuable customer experience. Get the tone of your message right:
- Mention your subscriber’s name when at the beginning of the text.
- Send them tailored product recommendations based on past purchases.
- Use a friendly, conversational tone.
- Use an interesting opening hook that makes customers excited to open emails.
- Add eye-pleasing visuals
5. Collaborate With Online Influencers
Word of mouth goes a long way. Businesses often use social media influencers to raise brand awareness, spread messages to target audiences, and increase website traffic.
Influencer marketing can be very powerful because customers trust their friends, peers, and people they admire.
If you have some valuable assets, free subscriptions, trials, promotions, or discounts, that might be an excellent place to begin when collaborating with an influencer. They can mention your name to their subscribers and direct them to your website.
6. Invest in Paid Advertisements
You can invest in website traffic by paying for online ad placement. Paid web traffic includes visitors who land on your website after clicking on an ad. Advertisers place these ads on various places on the web, most prominently on social media (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin), search engines (above and below search results), and third-party websites.
When investing in paid advertising, inform yourself of the pros and cons of such an approach and plan accordingly. For example, users can be somewhat reluctant to click on advertised content. But that’s where a clean and compelling marketing message combined with proper research comes in to save the day.
Intelligent, catchy copywriting and pleasing visual design make the audiences more eager to engage with an ad that appears on their screen. The landing page that opens up when they click on an ad shouldn’t lack quality either – make sure to deliver on your promises!
Putting It All Together
Running a website and keeping it competitive is no easy task. In most cases, you’ll have to implement all of the above and mix and match different strategies to gain optimum performance.
However, now that you have all the necessary tips, tricks, and tools, you can approach the challenge with confidence.
While implementing our advice, remember the most important thing: providing value to your target audience. Building relationships and trust will help you win the long game. Good luck!