OKRs are great at aligning company goals with strategic growth and implementing effective management frameworks. OKR is an acronym that stands for Objective and Key Results. With OKRs, it is possible to have specific goals for employees to work towards. This improves the productivity and transparency levels for different projects. A team leader can easily track team members’ progress to make sure that everything is according to the objective.
This marketing strategy is especially good, as it does not consume as much time as traditional marketing and planning strategies. It integrates well with the many digital solutions that are available today with its lightweight nature. The OKR system is based on asking two integral questions: where do I want to go? How do I get myself there?
- 1 Marketing OKRs have several benefits such as:
- 2 Examples of best marketing OKRs:
- 2.1 Objective: achieve marketing record by the end of the quarter:
- 2.2 Objective: increase market share in the new market.
- 2.3 Objective: increase influencer marketing
- 2.4 Objective: create a YouTube channel
- 2.5 Objective: Improve brand communication
- 2.6 Objective: improve content production and distribution strategy
- 3 Conclusion:
Marketing OKRs have several benefits such as:
- There are organic outcomes to set goals due to the extended goal. You can easily tie up your annual company goals with your OKRs to better track the progress.
- It is easy to implement marketing OKRs and start seeing the benefits immediately. These marketing OKRs are also time-saving because of their forward and simple approach to goal setting.
- Marketing OKRs create a system of accountability within the organization. Different teams can be assigned different OKRs according to their department which further promotes inclusivity and collaboration.
To start using marketing OKRs, you need to align them with your company goals and objectives so that the outcome you strategize for is a true indicator of better performance and growth in your company. The goals should then be communicated clearly with company members with regular updates to keep everyone motivated.
Examples of best marketing OKRs:
Objective: achieve marketing record by the end of the quarter:
Increase website traffic from 5000 to 10000 visitors
Increase the sign-ups to newsletters from 6000 to 9000
Increase the marketing qualified leads from 80 to 150
increase foreign visitors from 600 to 1500
Increase foreign leads from 10 to 30 per month.
Improve marketing materials
Objective: increase influencer marketing
Have product reviews from 7 industry experts
Run 3 webinars and 2 physical meetings with leaders in the industry
Increase traffic from influencer referrals from 1500 to 3000 per month.
Objective: create a YouTube channel
Get 77, 000 subscribers in the third quarter
Have at least 15-minute video view durations every day
Get to 100,000 watch hours on the channel.
Objective: Improve brand communication
Increase the members of the brand community from 6000 to 10,000
Reduce response time rates from an hour to ten minutes
Improve customer satisfaction from 40%-69%
Objective: improve content production and distribution strategy
Increase blog subscribers to newsletters from 500 to 900 by the end of quarter four
Create fifteen new blog posts.
Increase the referral rate from 600 to 800:
A good marketing strategy is at the heart of any business’s success. With marketing OKRs, different and diverse marketing techniques can be achieved easily. All you need is a better system and alignment with your goals- then, sales will start flying through your company.