You may be well aware of the term SEO or Search Engine Optimization which is the most important thing that will help you to make a bigger and better online presence. However, to know about its significance in this modern day where most of the businesses are done online, you will need to break down and probe further into it.
Practically there are four things involved in SEO. The content writer, the SEO analyst, the search engine and the reader. It is very important that you understand the interdependency in between these factors and how they amalgamate together in making a perfect search engine optimized content. All of these are interlinked as you will know from further clarification as under:
- You will be responsible for the creation of a gripping and grabbing content and web page
- The search engine will like your content and use its algorithm to rank your website and
- The searcher will find you first whenever they put is a specific keyword and visit your site to increase the web traffic.
However, nothing will be possible if your website rank is not high which is where the expertise and efforts of a competent SEO agency or even an individual SEO consultant Mumbai comes into play.
This means if you have written an article on men’s shoes the SEO agency or consultant will make sure that whenever a visitor searches for the phrase “men’s shoes,” your website shows it as a top result.
1. A brief overview
SEO will do all the magic required on your website or web page to make Google which is the most popularly used search engine, like your site as well as the contents. It will make the best use of the Google algorithm to make sure that it features on the first page of the search engine.
If you dig deeper into SEO you will see that it involves different aspects such as:
- White hat: SEO techniques which are legal and approved by search engines.
- Black hat: Seo techniques which mainly confuse the search bots and therefore, they are not approved by the search engines.
- On-Page SEO: Seo techniques which are applied directly on the web page, such as website content, blogs, etc.
- Off-Page SEO and more: Which mainly include SEO practices that occur outside of your website, such a link building is a very important part of off-page SEO. There are other examples of off-page SEO as well, such as social signals, backlinks, and other techniques.
The magic of SEO matters most for websites to be found easily among such a huge number of websites of similar type and topic. Typically, the quality and level of online experiences will largely depend on the search engine result, which is ensured by the SEO consultant. In fact, there are dedicated SEO services companies which are going to provide you with all the marketing stress which you used to take earlier.
Given the fact that 90% of searches are made on Google and that five of the results on it get about 67% clicks, search engine optimization is therefore very important not only for small business but for big brands as well.
In fact, if your blog post features on any other page of Google search results instead of the first page then you can consider it not to have any ranking at all. If it is not on the first page, it will be never found by the visitor thereby reducing web traffic.
2. What are its benefits?
SEO has endless benefits that take time to build but has a longer effect. It is like investing in real estate, the more time and patience and hard work you give to it. The stronger it gets. Here are some benefits of SEO that no digital marketer can deny.
- You do not necessarily need to invest a lot of money like you do in case of Google Adwords and Pay Per Click.
- SEO is mostly used for content marketing, that means that your brand is likely to increase its credibility and create a good online reputation for itself.
- Search engines love SEO, so if you implement SEO properly, there are higher chances of your brand ranked in the top position of search engine results page.
- There are about 250 million websites on the internet. Everyone is trying to rank at the top. Only proper SEO can get you the exact place.
- It is a very useful marketing tool which generates leads by providing you increased organic traffic.
3. How it works
Now that you know about the importance of higher search engine results, you must know how it works.
- Google usually guards its search algorithm well
- There are more than 200 determining factors that are not public.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest updates on Google algorithm.
- Use your keywords wisely. Do not put keywords anywhere you can, that would be outright keyword stuffing, an illegal practice.
- Beware of companies that claim that they can get you optimum results in just a month. Content marketing is a long-term process, so basically they it is likely that they will be using black hat SEO techniques.
As you may know that it is much more important to get involved in an entrepreneurial game long term that you try and make a quick buck which is the same with search engine optimization.
SEO is the best technique to use for your brand promotion, website traffic, and Google search page ranking. There are even many SEO services which would give you the maximum ROI, provided you choose wisely and always remember that white hat SEO will get you the ultimate success whereas black hat SEO can get your brand banned by search engines forever.
- 9 SEO Strategies to Use in Social Media Marketing In 2018
- Keyword Research for SEO: The Ultimate Guide
Author Bio: Sujain Thomas is an SEO professional and content developer based in Detroit. She has helped a lot of companies get their websites off to a good start and blogs about good writing practices and services like SEO consultant Mumbai.